Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is one important key factor in life that cannot be neglected or overemphasized. Living healthy have its own benefits. Some of which include a long healthy life, a happy mood, saving money and it prevents diseases.
Some keys to healthy living
- Healthy diet: In order to live healthy, we have to maintain a balanced diet. Balanced diet consist of foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, omega-3 fatty acid. Some healthy fats like soft or liquid margarine, avocados, ground flaxseed, nuts and oils. Carbohydrates like fruits, starchy vegetables, whole grains, cereal, oats, beans and legumes can help. Cut down unhealthy foods like red and processed meats, sugar-sweetened beverages, trans fats, and sodium. Increase fiber intake. Also, high-fat lunch could be followed by a low-fat dinner.
- Exercise/ physical activity: This does not necessarily require you to go to the gym but an activity that makes you burn fat. It was measured to be at least 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activities such as walking, swimming. If you are gaining weight, try to eat less and be more active. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, go for a walk and stretch at your leisure. Set aside time for various activities with family and friends.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: These are great sources of vitamins, minerals, fibre, folate, and potassium. They are high in dietary fibre which can help to maintain a healthy gut. It also prevents constipation and other digestion problems thereby decreasing your risk of bowel cancer. Fruits also provide a wide range of health-boosting antioxidants. We should try to eat at least 5 servings a day.
- Drink lots of fluids: Many nutritionists and clinicians recommend 64 ounces/ 2 liters/ 8 glasses of water daily. This can vary depending on the individual, season, and lifestyle. Fluids could be in form of mineral water, sparkling or non-sparkling, plain or flavored. Fruit juices, tea, soft drinks, milk, and other type of fluids are also acceptable. Stay hydrated.
- Good sleep and rest: Resting helps you cope better, think better and function better. It increases your life span. It also helps you control your appetite better. Research has shown that inadequate sleep can stimulate hunger hormones leading to overeating.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight: If your BMI (body mass index) is 18.5 to 24.9, it falls within the normal or Healthy range. If your BMI is 25.0 to 29.9, it falls within the overweight range. If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range. Maintaining a healthy body weight depends on a lot of factors like gender, height, age, diet and genes. This will help prevent anorexia and obesity which have their health-related consequences.
- Try to Smile and laugh: This will keep you grounded, and help you cope with situations that would otherwise make you crazy. Read comic books, watch comedy skits, or tell jokes. This will help you stay happy. Hang out with friends and family. Try not to take yourself too seriously all the time. Chill, go to the movies and meditate
- Reasonable alcohol intake: Which was measured as 5-15 grams per day for women, and 5-30 grams per day for men. Excess alcohol intake can cause High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems. it can also cause cancers of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, colon, etc.
- Quit smoking: Smoking has it’s own health consequences. Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), etc. therefore to stay healthy, smoking must be avoided.
- Prayer, meditation or otherwise find solace: Prayer for at least 10-20 minutes each day builds your faith, gives you hope. It also decreases worry and anxiety. Meditation brings calmness and relaxation. It takes your mind away from life’s challenges.
- Reduce salt and sugar intake: Less salt in a diet is important. This is because high salt intake can lead to health consequences like high blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases. You can be achieve this by choosing products with lower sodium content and substituting salt with other spices. Sugar is sweet and this makes it very attractive. Sugary foods and drinks are rich in energy, and therefore should be taken minimally and moderately. Fruits can be used instead, even to sweeten our foods and drinks.
Sugar is the next tobacco, without a doubt, and that industry should be scared. It should be taxed just like tobacco and anything else that can, frankly, destroy lives.
- Replace Unsaturated fat with saturated fat: Fats are important for good health and proper body function. However, too much of it can negatively affect our weight and cardiovascular health. Limit intake of saturated fats majorly from animal origin and avoid trans fats. Try reading labels because it helps to know the content of what you are eating. Eat fish more often with at least one serving of oily fish. Boiling or baking is more healthy than frying, remove the fatty part of meat, use vegetable oils.
Surround your self with positive energy
This is very informative, i fins it really helpful.
Expecting more from you
Thanks for stopping by. No worries
Thanks juddy.this really helped
you are welcome. I’m glad i can help
This essay is a good to revitalize our health in this C21 world.
You are welcome…
You are welcome. i’m glad i could help
Comments are closed.