Detoxification (detox) diets are becoming very popular.
Detox diets are short-term dietary changes that help us eliminate toxins from your body. During the period of detox, the body gets rids of toxic or unhealthy substances
These diets claim to clean your blood and eliminate harmful toxins from your body.
What are the basic components of a detox diet?
A basic detox diet can compose of a period of fasting, a strict diet of fruit, vegetables, fruit juices, and water, or a mixture of fasting and fruits and vegetables.
Sometimes a detox also includes herbs, teas, supplements, and colon cleanse or enemas.
Some importance of detox
- It helps you rest your organs by fasting
- Helps your liver get rid of toxic substances
- It encourages the elimination of toxins via feces, urine, and sweat
- It Improves circulation
- It allows your body to get healthy nutrients.
- Help with various health problems, including obesity, digestive issues, autoimmune diseases, inflammation, allergies, bloating, and chronic fatigue