10 tips that can help you increase your productivity...
Have you ever noticed that most times it seems as if you have less time in a day? Have you ever wished you had extra time to achieve more? Is your day so overwhelmed with activities? Sometimes do you feel you should give up? How do you rank your current productivity? Do you spend time feeling busy but at the end of the day you feel useless and the day wasted?
Being productive entails marking out your priorities and being deliberate and intentional about how to achieve them. Start out by achieving the most important or topmost on the list. What are your priorities?
Productivity might also require us to work longer hours and sleep less. Although this might provide temporary relief, it will affect your productivity in the long run. Have a mindset of “I can do it” and you will.
here are a few steps to guide you:
- Create a to-do list: It might help if you create a list of what you want to do the next day the night before you sleep. Try to picture what you want you day to look like. Plan it and work towards it.
- Create schedules, lists, reminders, alarms: All this will help with putting you in check, keeping you organized, and improving your productivity.
- Stop multitasking: studies have shown that multitasking although looks effective, it drastically reduces productivity (take it one step at a time)
- Minimize distraction: Try your best to minimize distractions. Put down your phone; switch it off if possible. Set break times to reply to text messages and emails.
- Cut down on all excessive activities and try to fit in only what you can handle: In as much as we feel like superheroes sometimes, we cannot do everything. You cannot achieve everything every day. Try and do the much you can and save the rest for another day.
- Make sure those around inspire you to do better: People around you like your friends, colleagues, family can either help you rise or be the reason for your failure therefore choose wisely
- Organize your workspace: I do not know about you but when my workspace is disorganized, it’s very difficult for me to focus. It stops your mind from roaming and makes it focus. Work in a place that is cool and conducive (not too comfortable to make you sleep).
- Learn how to say NO: Refuse politely if you feel all the activities seem overwhelming. Learn how to create boundaries. This will help you be in control of your day and the activities you put in your schedule
- Time how long you spend on each task: Timing might not work at first and you might not be perfect when it comes to timing yourself to complete activities but it is worth it. It helps you focus on that thing and work towards getting it done within a stipulated time.
- Re reactive, be calm, and not too anxious or jumpy: There will be enough discouragements, failed plans, and promises in each day but do not let it stop you from having a productive day. Make sure you can account for every minute in a day. Hard right? But it’s possible. Accountability is key.
Do not let the long list discourage you; just take it one at a time. Productivity has to be done consciously and you must be intentional about it for it to happen. Put your mind to it. IT’S ACHIEVABLE!!!
Thank you judy
You are welcome??
Thank you judy
You are welcome ??
Great, useful article. Thanks for sharing 🙂
you are welcome… glad you learnt something
I couldn’t agree more with the things you shared here, but I need to work on 4 and 6. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this post!
yeah… I understand
we are all working on improving one thing or they other.
thanks for stopping by.
[…] 10 tips that can help you increase your productivity […]
Comments are closed.