Say this after me, and ensure you speak to your innermost being and believe in what you say.
- I am the best
- Today i choose love over hate, and peace over war.
- I am souring
- Everything i do will work in my favor
- I refuse to let my past dictate my future
- I am changing my mindset
- From my innermost being, i radiate beauty and positivity
- I am expanding
- I overcome every obstacle on my path to greatness
- I am unique
- I choose to be happy
- I choose to walk head high
- I choose to love myself
- I am brave
- I choose to be the best version of myself
- I am positive.
- I choose faith over fear.
How do you feel? You must have heard countless times that what we say to ourselves will eventually come to actualization or our words are part of what shapes our lives.
Guess what? The bible also spoke about the power of the tongue. Our tongue and our mindset are a very powerful tool which helps in shaping our future.
They play a very crucial role in determining our health and wellbeing. It is formed from a mixture of our values, upbringing, life experiences, and opinions.
Definition and Types of Mindset
Two types of mindset are:
- Fixed mindset: They are believed to be inborn, fixed, and cannot be changed.
- Growth mindset: They are mindsets that can be worked on, improved, strengthened through diligence, and hard work. What is the connection between our mindset and body?
The body and mind work hand in hand. Your thoughts can affect the way you feel thereby producing tremendous results. Our mindset is recognized by our body right down to the genes. For instance, when you worry too much, you can get a headache and this can affect your overall performance. Furthermore, your thoughts, beliefs, and mindset greatly affect your body’s response. To achieve an effective result and success in life, your mindset has to be coupled with consistent action. This affects the decisions and choices you make. Also, improving your mental habits yields a beneficial response from your body.
If you are constantly obsessing about all the problems in your life, you are most likely to be stressed compared to people who choose to focus on the bright side of life.
A positive mindset gives you a drive; it gives you something to fight for and generally changes the way you view things. With a positive mindset, you make the right decision and stick to them, it also affects your life expectancy.
Some Important Benefits of Positive Thinking
The importance of positive thinking and optimism on health cannot be overemphasized. Meanwhile, some health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
- Increased life span
- Helps you build skills that will last.
- Decreases risk for heart attack
- It gives you drive and purpose
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
- Decreases the risk of depression
- Lower levels of distress
Improves your psychological and physical well being
Signs of Negative Thoughts Include
- Doubting your capabilities
- Focusing on the problems
- Failure to compliment your self even for the smallest effort you make
- Blaming your self when something bad occurs
- Seeing the worst in everything and anticipate it
- Seeing things as either all good or all bad with no in-betweens; either success or total failure.
- Engaging in unhealthy lifestyle such as poor eating habits, depressed mood, lack of exercises, etc.
- Increased anxiety
You can learn to turn negative thinking into positive thinking. This process might sound easy, but it will definitely need some time and practice.
“Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.”
Thinking positive will also help you create a new habit that is healthy. Here are some ways to think and behave more positively and optimistically:
- Identify areas to change.
- Motivate yourself
- Change your thoughts.
- Be conscious of your words
- Laugh more often
- Follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Surround yourself with positive-minded people.
- Practice positive self-talk.
“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.